In the Fiscal Year 2017-2018, The Carousel Center, Inc. provided:
- Comprehensive services for 505 unduplicated, new child abuse victims.
- Nearly 72% of children served were under 13 year of age; 34% were UNDER 7 years old!
- 71% of these cases are reported child sex abuse.
- 17% of these cases were accepted for prosecution resulting in 16 guilty pleas; TWICE AS MANY AS LAST YEAR!
- Brunswick, New Hanover, and Pender County child predators received prison sentences totaling over 3 LIFE SENTENCES!
- Children engaged in evidence-based child trauma therapy services demonstrated an average 67% DECREASE in trauma-related symptoms.
- 123 children engaged in over 948 therapy sessions, regardless of their family’s insurance status or ability to pay.
- Families touched by Carousel Center within 90 days of Hurricane Florence and Tropical Storm Michael were provided recovery and relief support, as needed, through Carousel’s Family Services.