We’re Growing! Join our Team as a Child Therapist/Interviewer.
As a Child Therapist/Interviewer you will provide:
- Evidence-based mental health therapy services to children who’ve experienced trauma;
- Provide clinical consultation as needed to the Carousel Center (TCC) staff and volunteers;
- Complete all required documentation per Medicaid and TCC standards.
- Conducts developmentally-appropriate child forensic interviews as part of the Child Medical Exam.
- Collaborates with the Multi-Disciplinary Team to ensure thorough and comprehensive interviews, keeping with best-practice standards.
- Makes recommendations in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team regarding child and family needs.
- Testifies in court in criminal and/or civil cases.
- Supports the operations of the Carousel Center including taking referrals for CMEs and Therapy Services, providing crisis intervention as needed, and other general office duties.
Master’s Degree or higher in Social Work, Counseling or similar field.
Current professional license in NC to provide mental health treatment (LCSW, LPC, LMFT, OR SIMILAR).
Credentialed or eligible for 3rd party payee credentialing.
At least 2 years professional experience working with children and families.
Knowledge, training, and experience with individuals who’ve experienced trauma.
Training or certification in evidence-based trauma treatment models, such as TF-CBT, preferred.
Knowledge and experience working with child welfare system.
Training (or willingness to be trained) in an evidence-based child forensic interviewing model.
How to apply:
Email a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to Julie Ozier, 1501 Dock St, Wilmington, NC 28401-4936
No phone calls please.
The Carousel Center’s Mission & Vision
Vision: Build resiliency in children to strengthen the community.
Mission is to support healing, promote justice, and foster resilience in children victimized by physical or sexual abuse and to improve our community through education, prevention and advocacy.
Compensation, Benefits & Work-Life Balance
To attract, reward, motivate and retain good people, the Carousel Center offers a flexible work environment, a generous vacation and sick time off policy, competitive salaries, and an outstanding benefits package to include a simple IRA retirement plan with employer match.
Our Locations and Service Areas
We proudly serve Brunswick, New Hanover, and Pender Counties in North Carolina and have two offices to provide care closer to home.
1501 Dock St, Wilmington, NC 28401-4936
20 Medical Campus Dr. SW #106 Supply, NC 28462