CAROUSEL CENTER, INC. – POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Position Title: Child Therapist – LATINX
Reports to: Forensic/Clinical Supervisor
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Exempt
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday from 8a-6:30p (some evening or weekend hours may apply-Available for a flexible schedule within regular parameters of agency business conducted)
Location/Remote Work: On-site in office and in the community; flexibility with work from home/remote work based on organization needs
Travel: Required locally, statewide and nationally to meet organizational needs.
The Carousel Center, Inc.’s (TCC’s) Child Therapist-LATINX ensures child advocacy center outcomes, provides child trauma therapy, collaborates with MDT’s, and maintains appropriate records for child survivors of physical/sexual abuse. Child Therapist-LATINX is focused on Hispanic/Latino children and families.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s Degree or higher in social work or counseling.
- Cultural and linguistical competence in Spanish Language.
- Three years’ experience in public or non-profit victim-centered, child protective services, and/or criminal justice system.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office 365.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment criminal record, sex offender registry and drug screen.
- Reliable transportation.
- Valid operator’s license with proof of vehicle insurance.
- Ability to perform essential job results, physical tasks and mental tasks.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Licensed as an LPC, LCSW, LMFT in North Carolina.
- Knowledge, training and experience in individual/group therapy, specifically for children.
- Knowledge, training and experience in child development, crime victims, trauma and crisis intervention.
- Training in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT), Child and Family Traumatic Stress Intervention (CFTSI), Child and Parent Psychotherapy (CPP), play therapy, Problem Sexual Behavior Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (PSBCBT), or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience developing/implementing/working with multi-systemic community partnerships.
Executes day-to-day Child Trauma Therapy Services by
- Executing agency bi-lingual clinical services and maintain client statistical database for clinical services provided to the Hispanic/Latino population.
- Having working knowledge of the Vision, Mission and Core Values.
- Maintaining respective SOPs to adhere to NCA Accreditation standards for a Child Advocacy Center.
- Timely submission of clinical client and service statistics.
- Ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Adhering to agency Clinical standard operation plans to ensure meeting community needs.
- Timely execution of clinical documentation per grant source, United States, North Carolina, and TCC standards.
- Facilitating clinical direct services.
- Engaging in opportunities to gain expertise in child therapy and evidence-based trauma treatment modalities, and operation of required technology.
- Collaborating, informing and supporting Forensic/Clinical supervisor.
Position start date: 10/1/20 or earliest availability. Position opened until filled.
No phone inquiries, please.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Forensic/Clinical Supervisor