Become a Carousel Center Volunteer!
The Carousel Center has flexible and meaningful opportunities for those interested in volunteering their time and unique talents toward restoring hope to children who have been abused.
As the Carousel Center continues to grow, so too does the need for dedicated volunteers. Children visiting the Center range in ages 2-18 years old. Volunteers play a vital role in creating a safe environment for children to receive services. The Carousel Center volunteers:
- Range in age from 18-80 years old.
- Use their creativity and talents when working with children, staff, other volunteers and members of the community.
- Gain community service hours.
- Generously give their time and attention to children in need.
- Are carefully screened for those positions working with children.
Interested in volunteering? We hope you will first attend a Tour of our Center to learn more about our work and find a volunteer opportunity that is the best fit for you.
To start the process of being a volunteer, please complete the form below, we will work with you to find a way for you to make a difference. Volunteers are required to a complete a background check and a drug test.
Volunteer Opportunities Available: Please indicate your interests when completing the volunteer application.
- Front Desk Greeter – welcome our visitors, children and their caregivers.
- You and/or Your Organization Can Host Your Own Fundraiser to Benefit The Carousel Center
- Fundraising Event Committee Members – Seasonal Commitment to Help Organize, Plan and Make Our Annual Signature events Successful – Heart of the Matter Luncheon, Making Legends Local Gala, and NEW in 2020 promote Child Abuse Prevention Month (April).
- Sponsorship, Auction, Marketing/PR, & more committees available to Sign Up!
- Unpaid Development, Forensic, and Clinical Internships – you must be willing to commit to a 12 month internship.
- Host a Drive to Fill Needs From Our Wish List
- Special Event Volunteer – One Day Volunteer at one of our events for a day, or a few hours, as needed.
- Are you a survivor and/or want to be an Ambassador for our Center by helping us spread awareness. Attend health fairs, United Way events, etc and share our mission and explain our services to the community.
If you are interested in volunteering your time, please complete the form below. Questions? Email Laurie Taylor at email@example.com.