Become a Carousel Center Volunteer!
The Carousel Center has flexible and meaningful opportunities for those interested in volunteering their time and unique talents toward restoring hope to children who have been abused.
As the Carousel Center continues to grow, so too does the need for dedicated volunteers. Children visiting the Center range in ages 2-18 years old. Volunteers play a vital role in creating a safe environment for children to receive services. The Carousel Center volunteers:
- Range in age from 18-80 years old.
- Use their creativity and talents when working with children, staff, other volunteers and members of the community.
- Gain community service hours.
- Generously give their time and attention to children in need.
- Are carefully screened for those positions working with children.
Interested in volunteering? We hope you will first attend a Tour of our Center to learn more about our work and find a volunteer opportunity that is the best fit for you. If you would like to help please fill out the form below and we are certain we will find a way for you to make a difference. Volunteers will be subject to a background check and a drug test.
Volunteer Opportunities Available: Please indicate your interests when completing the volunteer application.
- Front Desk Greeter – welcome our visitors, children and their caregivers.
- You and/or Your Organization Can Host Your Own Fundraiser to Benefit The Carousel Center
- Special Event Committee Members – Seasonal Commitment to Help Organize, Plan and Make Our Annual Signature events Successful – Heart of the Matter Luncheon, Making Legends Local Gala, and NEW in 2020 the Pinwheel Garden for Child Abuse Prevention Month (April).
- Sponsorship, Auction, Marketing/PR, & more committees available to Sign Up!
- Unpaid Development, Forensic, and Clinical Internships
- Host a Drive to Fill Needs From Our Wish List
- Special Event Volunteer -One Day Volunteer – See Below
- Attend a Tour of our Center and we will find the opportunity just right for you!
- Are you a survivor and/or want to be an Ambassador for our Center by helping us spread awareness.
One Time Events Opportunities –
- Merry Go Run 5K September 21 6am – 10am – we need volunteers to for water stations, course directionals, and overflow help. Hand out materials from the Carousel Center table.
- Carousel Center Beer & Wine Festival – October 25 and 26 – The Carousel Center is recruiting about 100 volunteers for the Beer & Wine Festival presented by Lighthouse Beer on Friday, October 25 at the Battleship and Saturday, October 26th at Marina Grill. There are two sessions. Each volunteer gets a shirt, and every shift that starts before 4pm on Saturday October 26 may attend Session 2. All volunteers must be 21+ EXCEPT for: Friday Battleship Set up, Load In, After Session Cleanup. Sign up HERE
- TEE IT OFF Golf Tournament November 2nd – We will need help with set up, registration, volunteers to sit at the Hole In One prize hole, Raffle, silent auction, breakdown, take photographs, and the beer cart.
If you are interested in volunteering your time, please email Sarah Brickels at email@example.com and download our volunteer application.